Dear Friends of the German Settlement,
Several events are coming together in early October that may coax you to visit Hudson, Wisconsin:
1. The 1st Oktoberfest in Hudson spearheaded by the “WINZER STUBE GERMAN RESTAURANT” This will coincide with an “Autumn Taste Walk” sponsored by other Hudson Restaurants. Please see below for details.
2. This is the season of Autumn leaves turning in Wisconsin, including the Big Woods of the German Settlement. If there is enough interest, a tour could be arranged to see that and various other historic sites and beautiful sights in the St. Croix Valley.
3. Many significant changes are taking place in the German Settlement that you might want to see. I’d like to meet with you and other interested people and share significant ideas about preserving our German Settlement heritage in any way possible.
We have made preliminary arrangements for a 9 a.m. continental breakfast for $6.95 per person (juice, pastries and coffee) at the Winzer Stube German Restaurant in downtown Hudson.By getting there early, you should have a parking spot for the other events throughout the day in Hudson.
Please send me the names of those who will join the continental breakfast so we can firm up the reservations in the Winzer Stube ASAP. A firm commitment by August 26 will help reserve a private room for 30. First come first served! Please list which of the above items (1, 2, or 3 or All) are of interest to you. We might contract a bus if there is enough interest in a tour (item #2).
I look forward to hearing from you and learn of your interests.
Best wishes and warm regards,
Richard Schwenk Please Email me your choices: RicSchwenk@earthlink.net
Regarding item #1: Here is the press release from Marie Schmidt, proprietor of the Winzer Stube German Restaurant in the cellar of the old Hudson Opera House on 2nd St.
1st Oktoberfest in Hudson with
” RJ’s Meat” “Spaten North America” and ”General Beverage”
Phone715 381 5092 www.explorewisconsin.com
A German weekend of Food, Dance, Live Music, Fun and Entertainment
Where: Dance the night away with German music under a big tent
3rd Street behind Winzer Stube
When: September 30th 5 – midnight
October 1st 12 noon to midnight
October 2nd Noon – 5
* Friday only $ 2.00 off ticket first hour, if you bring canned goods for local food shelve
* 2005 Oktoberfest T Shirts $ 15.00 for sale
* Face painting for the kids, pins and head wreaths
* Tickets $ 5.00 Oktoberfest
Kraut Eating contest, Jodeling contest, Alphorn Blowing contest, Nagel contest
Schedule of Events & Menu
September 30th Oktoberfest Beer Tent 5 pm – midnight
$ 2.00 off first hour, bring canned goods for local food shelves
Kid’s Stuff all 3 day’s
Eric and Jim
Elk River Band
October 1st Oktoberfest Beer Tent Noon to midnight
Eric & Jim
S.G. Edelweiss Dancers
Bruce Bradley Band
“Autumn Taste Walk” 10 am – 4 pm
Family entertainment, cooking and other demonstrations and booths on Locust Street. Ride the Trolley, to visit our unique shops, win prizes at Hudson’s fine stores. around downtown, win prices at Hudson’s fine stores. Make it a weekend, stay in one of our Hotels or Bed and Breakfast’s and enjoy all that Hudson has to offer.
October 2nd Oktoberfest Beer Tent Noon – 5 pm
Bill Koncar Band
S.G. Edelweiss Dancers
Bratwurst w/ sauerkraut and German potato salad
Wienerwürstchen w/ sauerkraut and German potato salad
Spiessbraten w/ sauerkraut and German potato salad
½ Roasted chicken w/ sauerkraut and German potato salad
Bratwurst on a bun
Wiener on a bun
Spiessbraten on a bun
Desserts: Black Forest Chocolate cake, or Apfelstrudel or Bienenstich/Beehive
Beverages: Spaten Lager, Spaten Oktoberfest and Franziskaner Dark Wheat Beer
Coffee, Bottled Water, Pepsi & Sierra Mist, or Wine